Data Analyst Internship
- We have big plans to disrupt the private capital market — reinventing the traditional fundraising process for businesses and curating opportunities
- Successful interns may be offered a full-time position
- We slog it out but we party well
- Our interns have attested to our engaging and enjoyable internship programme
Roles and responsibilities
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques, identify trends or patterns in complex data sets, and provide ongoing deal analytics reports to support investment decisions
- Create an analysis framework that provides the insights needed to make informed business decisions
- Provide insights from multiple large data-sets through visualization and storytelling
- Build and maintain data procedures that gathers and process data from multiple technology platforms, ultimately driving automation and machine learning
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
Skills and experience required
- 0-3 years of industry experience as a Data Analyst
- Strong background in Data Management, Analytics and Programming
- Strong understanding of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Good knowledge of data analytics modelling techniques and statistical analysis and proficient in data analytics tools such SPSS, R, Python.
- Experience in using data mining tools/library such as Pyspider, MechanicalSoup, Beautiful Soup, Scrapy, selenium.
- Knowledge of SQL query, and experience in using DB tools is a plus
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, macros, functions, and pivot tables
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Knowledge of digital marketing (i.e. Google Analytics, SEM, Programmatic Advertising) is a plus
- Interested in dealing with data, including finding and exploring more efficient ways/programs (e.g. machine learning) to collect, store, and analyse data
- Preferably have some understanding of terms in financial statements and financial ratios
- Strong problem-solving skills – able to find various ways to solve problems and decide which solution to move forward
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timings
- Team oriented, but highly independent for their own projects
- High level of organizational skills and ability to prioritise
- Able to commit for a minimum of 4-6 months
At Fundnel, we want rule benders, questioners, believers, and determined independents who think fearlessly outside of the box; we want you. We’re always on the lookout for great people to join our team.