- We are looking for passionate Data Engineers with strong problem-solving skills and prior experience in building data infrastructure. You should possess end-to-end data engineering knowledge (dimension modelling to ETL to data warehousing)and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Data Engineer, you would be involved in the agile development cycle and take ownership of various data tools from design to deployment.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Software engineers to build and manage data products and the Fundnel Data Warehouse
- Design, develop, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines.
- Solve issues in the existing data pipelines and build their successors.
- Build modular pipelines to construct features and modelling tables.
- Maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases.
- Monitor incidents by performing root cause analysis and implement the appropriate action.
- Create, document, and monitor highly readable code.
- Obtain and ingest raw data at scale (including writing scripts,web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries etc.)
- Conduct and participate in code reviews with peers
Skills and experience required
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field with minimum 2 years of IT experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in designing, building and operationalizing medium to large scale data integration (structured &unstructured) projects with Data Lake, Data Warehouse, BLOB Storage, RDBMS using AWS integration services.
- Minimum 1 years of Hands-on Experience in batch/real-time data integration & processing.
- Strong proficiency in handling databases using MySQL,PostgreSQL,Redshift.
- Solid background in programming languages like Python/Scala/Java etc. Python is a must.
- Build & maintain scalable ETL pipelines using Apache Airflow.
- Prior experience in using Big Data tooling (Hadoop, Spark) and a good understanding of functional programming
- Interested to work in the small business (startup) environment
- Possess a strong interest in fintech / financial services
- Interested in working with data, functions, and characteristics of companies
- Challenge conventional thinking and push design to achieve functionality and beauty
- Have a basic understanding of terms in financial statements and financial ratios
At Fundnel, we want rule benders, questioners, believers, and determined independents who think fearlessly outside of the box; we want you. We’re always on the lookout for great people to join our team.