- We have big plans to disrupt the traditional fundraising process for private businesses
- You will work with a diverse team of former investment bankers, strategy consultants and business owners in developing, monitoring, and improving products to facilitate the activity of private investing
- Everything we do is focused on helping build the private capital markets for the next generation of business owners and investors
- We work really hard but play really hard as well
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Software engineers to build and manage data products
- Work on cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Develop an enterprise data science strategy to achieve scale, synergies, and sustainability of model deployment
- Undertake rigorous analyses of business problems on structured and unstructured data with advanced quantitative techniques.
- Apply your expertise in data science, statistical analysis, data mining and the visualisation of data to derive insights that value-add to business decision making (e.g. hypothesis testing, development of MVPs, prototyping etc).
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining, and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverable.
Skills and experience required
- Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or any other related fields
- At least 1 to 3 years of hands-on experience in a Data Science role with exposure and proficiency in quantitative and statistical analysis, predictive analytics,multi-variate testing and algorithm-optimization for machine learning
- Deep expertise in a range of ML concepts, frameworks and techniques such as logistic regression, clustering, dimensional reduction, recommendation systems,neural nets etc.
- Strong understanding of data infrastructure technologies (e.g. Spark, TensorFlow etc).
- Familiarity with data engineering methodologies, including SQL, ETL and experience in manipulating data sets with structured and unstructured data using Hadoop, AWS or other big data platforms.
- Highly proficient in data visualization and the use of dash boarding tools (e.g.Tableau, Matplotlib, plot.ly etc).
- Proven track record in delivering bespoke data science solutions in a cross-functional setting.
- Experience in managing a small team is preferred.
- Interested in dealing with data, including finding, and exploring more efficient ways/programs (e.g. machine learning) to collect, store, and analyse data
- Preferably have some understanding of terms in financial statements and financial ratios
- Strong problem-solving skills – able to find various ways to solve problems and decide which solution to move forward
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timings
- Team oriented, but highly independent for their own projects
- High level of organisational skills and ability to prioritize
At Fundnel, we want rule benders, questioners, believers, and determined independents who think fearlessly outside of the box; we want you. We’re always on the lookout for great people to join our team.