Collection of Information
When you access or use the Site or any part thereof, or communicate with Fundnel or any of its officers, employees or agents whether through written, published or electronic means, the telephone or otherwise, Fundnel may collect or receive personal or non-personal information or data about, in connection with or from you, including, without limitation, through cookies, pixel tags, website and data analytics, and other technologies, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Personal information or data may include without limitation your name, contact information, user profile, and information about your financial status. Non-personal information or data may include without limitation your browser information, internet protocol (IP) address, how you use the Site or any part thereof, and aggregated information. Fundnel will, as far as possible, inform you at each collection point as to what information is required and what information is optional.
Use of Information
Fundnel uses the collected information:
- for the specific purpose for which the information was provided;
- to confirm your identity and ensure that you are eligible to access and use the services provided on the Site;
- to process and, where necessary, respond to your application(s), enquiry(s), or request(s);
- to conduct due diligence checks on you in accordance with all applicable laws and Fundnel's internal 'know your client' and Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism policies;
- to verify and approve the disclosures entrepreneurs seeking capital for their business through Fundnel's platform make to potential investors;
- to enable Fundnel to comply with all of its legal and regulatory obligations;
- to inform or update you about products, or services that you request from Fundnel or that may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to update you about changes to the Site or Fundnel's operations;
- to monitor, improve, and administer the Site and the services provided through it, and conduct statistical or other forms of analysis for purposes of maintaining or improving the Site and Fundnel's services in general; or
- to comply with all proceedings or inquiries from any state, regulatory, or enforcement agency.
Disclosure of Information
Fundnel will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. Information you provide to Fundnel will be disclosed to third parties where:
- you have expressly or implicitly consented to such disclosure, or may be deemed to have consented to such disclosure;
- such disclosure is a necessary part of the process of seeking funding, investors, or backers;
- necessary to provide you with the products and/or services you have requested for, or to respond to your queries;
- necessary for the operation of the Site or Fundnel's internal processes;
- required by any government, statutory, or regulatory authority, or to comply with any applicable law, court order, directive, or proceeding of such authority;
- Fundnel believes, in good faith, that doing so will be appropriate or necessary for it to investigate and defend against any third party claims or allegations, or prevent or stop any illegal activity, security breaches, or harm to the Site, Fundnel's interests, or any Fundnel employee;
- Fundnel is the subject of a takeover and your personal information forms part of Fundnel's assets to be transferred to the acquiring entity; or
- you disclose such information to third parties in the course of participating in any competitions or promotional programmes on the Site.
Fundnel has implemented and will continue to maintain security measures adequate to prevent the unauthorised collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, and disposal of your information. Nevertheless, you acknowledge and agree that communications through the Internet are not entirely secure and that any information transferred to Fundnel is done so at your own risk. Fundnel does not warrant or guarantee that the information you provide will not be accessed, copied, used, or disposed of in breach of Fundnel's security measures, and you agree not to hold Fundnel liable or responsible for any loss or damage resulting therefrom. In the event of such a breach, Fundnel will, as far as reasonably possible, promptly notify all affected persons. You accept that you are responsible for keeping confidential your username and password to your account with Fundnel.
- Fundnel may collect certain information from you without you actively providing the information when you navigate the Site via cookies. Cookies are small data text files stored in your local browser cache that send information about your previous visits to and activities on the Site. These cookies will not give Fundnel any personal information about you. Fundnel reserves the right to use the cookies to recognize your browser and thereby customise and optimize the Site to your preferences.
- You can accept or delete cookies. For security reasons, you may wish to deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookies are stored on your computer. However, please note that if you do erase or block the cookies, you may not be able to utilize some features on the Site. In such situations, Fundnel shall not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from your inability to use those features.
- Fundnel may also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your Internet Service Provider allocates an IP address to your computer in order for it to access the Internet. The IP address is considered to be non-personal information and it may be dynamic (changing every time you connect to the Internet) or it may be static (unique to your computer). Fundnel collects your IP address in order to facilitate its administration and improvement of the Site. The information derived from your IP address can help Fundnel diagnose server problems, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route from your computer to the Site.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site, using Fundnel's online payment services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Fundnel to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps Fundnel to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are able to use custom features.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables Fundnel to personalise its content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Fundnel will use this information to make the Site and the advertisements targeted more relevant to your interests. Fundnel may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Notifications & Communications
- Fundnel will send you email notifications from time to time. You may not opt out of receiving certain service-related notifications that are:
- necessary elements of your transactions on the Site and any product or service of Fundnel's, such as confirmations of particular actions you have taken;
- are required for legal or security purposes; or
- meant to inform you of changes to Site policies or Fundnel's operations, products, or services.
- You may opt out of other service-related notifications at any time, including:
- Fundnel's bi-weekly editorial;
- user surveys or other requests for user feedback; or
- marketing offers from Fundnel or that Fundnel sends on behalf of the companies featured on the Site.
Transfer, Storage, & Retention of Information
- Fundnel will retain all information collected for as long as you continue to use the Site or Fundnel's services. If you are a member and terminate your Fundnel account, Fundnel will retain the information, including personal data, collected during your membership for as long as reasonably necessary for any business or legal purpose.
Fundnel may record, and/or monitor any communication(s) (including telephone calls or other electronic communications) between you and Fundnel. Fundnel may do so in order to resolve queries in the future and/or for the purpose of ensuring security, staff training and complying with its legal and/or regulatory responsibilities.
- You have the right to ask Fundnel not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Fundnel will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Fundnel uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Fundnel at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of its partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Fundnel does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- You may choose to stop receiving or change the frequency of email, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications. You can update and correct your personal information anytime using My Account or by contacting Fundnel at email@example.com.